Note: Other release notes can be found here.
What's New in VIPM 2017.0.0
VIPM 2017 is a major release for for Windows that adds performance improvements and fixes some bugs. It is recommended that all VIPM users on for Windows upgrade.
Note: You will need an active VIPM Pro subscription in order activate VIPM 2017 into Pro Edition.
- Support for LabVIEW 2017 - VIPM 2017 adds support for LabVIEW 2017. In order to best support our customers and ensure LabVIEW compatibility, VIPM supports new versions of LabVIEW as they are released. There are many instances where older versions of VIPM do not work well with newer versions of LabVIEW, due to changes in where/how LabVIEW and its files get installed.
- Build Packages with Packed Project Library (*.lvlibp) Files - VIs inside of Packed Project Library (*.lvlibp) Files can now be called by other VIs in your package. Previously, this resulted in error messages. Note: VIPM does not support directly adding VIs to your palettes that are contained within the Packed Project Library, so you will need to create a “wrapper” VI for the one in the PPL and set it to Place VI Contents.
- Build Packages with Malleable VIs (*.vim files) - Malleable Vis can be added to the palettes, just like VIs. This is a new feature to LabVIEW 2017.
- Build Packages with Channel Wires - You can now build packages that contain channel wires. Building packages with channel wires was previously broken, due to a new LabVIEW symbolic path <ExtraVILib> located in the LabVIEW Data directory.
- Package Builder “QuickDrop Plugins” Destination - The package builder now shows a destination called “QuickDrop Plugins” to make it easier for QD Plugin developers to create packages.
- Packages built with VIPM 2017 can only be installed on VIPM 2017 or newer. Package built with VIPM 2017 cannot be installed on versions of VIPM 2016 or older. Details.
- 13790: VI Package Builder - This issue affects package building of classes. The issue appears to be isolated to VIPM. It's possible to build a package where members of a friend class cannot access members of a community scoped class. This occurs if you set a password on the community scoped class in the VIPM source files settings page.