Note: This issue has been resolved in VIPM 2013 SP1. Download the latest VIPM here.
There is a condition that appears on a some Windows systems where VIPM will begin to launch, then it will show the splash screen briefly and then disappear. If this is happening to you, there is possibly an issue that prevented the VIPM installer from completing successfully and setting the correct permissions on Windows.
Try to download and install the VIPM from Labs: http://support.jki.net/entries/24071293-VIPM-Labs
There are several things you can try listed here:
1. Try to reinstall VIPM. You can do this simply by re-running the installer. Verify that the installer is running with Admin privileges by right-clicking on the setup.exe and selecting "Run as administrator"
2. If you are running VIPM 2011 or older, try running the latest VIPM. Currently, the latest is VIPM 2012.
3. If the above options don't work then try running the following tool: Fix VIPM Permissions Tool. This tool runs a subset of the installer process to set permissions on required VIPM files.
4. As a last resort, you can configure your VIPM to run using "Run As Administrator". You can also set this permanently in the security tab of the shortcut properties page.
5. If the problem still persists please contact us: http://jki.net/contact