Now, let's continue customizing the package that we built during the Building your First Package exercise.
In this task you will customize the Controls and Functions palettes of our package.
1) Open the Package Builder window and select the “Test Package Source” folder as your VI Package Source Folder. (Note that you obtained Test Package Source.zip in the Building your First Package exercise)
2) Click on the Function palette icon to open the Functions Palette window.
3) Try the following:
- Drag and drop VIs and subpalettes.
- Right-click and delete items
- Right-click and add an item
- Add a submenu
- Drag and drop VIs from File Explorer
- Drag and drop folders of VIs from File Explorer
- Right-click and set a VI to Place VI Contents
- Have fun and go wild -- their your palettes!
4) Try building and installing your package to verify that it appears in the palettes exactly as it appears.
See how easy that was!
Now, if you find yourself quickly becoming a package building junkie, you'll definitely want to learn about Managing Package Dependencies.
Up: VI Package Building Guide