This video goes through the following:
- How VIPM integrates with LabVIEW and the software development process
- Features of Package building
- How to setup a repository using Dropbox or any other server.
- A note on this: In the webinar, I forgot to mention how you get the Dropbox URL for VIPM. You just need to right-click on the repository folder in Windows and select Dropbox>copy public link. Currently VIPM doesn't support Https URLs so you will need to edit the URL from Https to Http if it's included.
- As mentioned in the video, Dropbox is only one option. You can use your own internal server as well, for hosting repositories. You can use UNC paths such as: "\\PACKAGE_SERVER\share\repository_path". VIPM also supports mapped drive letters.
- More information on repositories can be found here.
- How to manage project configurations with VIPC files - More information about VIPC files can be found here.
- How to automate various tasks with the VIPM API - More info about the API can be found here.
Note: To read the full release notes of VIPM 2012, click here.